Thursday 12 March 2009

Boring, Boring, Boring

All work and no play makes Queenie a dull monarch. And it's wall-to-wall work around here this month. I'm doing lots of writing, but it's all reports. I have five more to do before the end of the month. I think it's five. I haven't even started on the data analysis for one of them. I get up in the morning, wash, go to my desk, work for as long as I can (with occasional breaks for food or a quick walk), go home, look hopefully at my Paramour and ask 'is there any dinner?', eat something, sit on sofa in catatonic state, go to bed. I did have a day off on 1st March, and I may get another one on the 28th if all goes according to plan.

Part of the problem is that all my clients are in the public and third sectors, which means everything has to be finished and invoiced by 31st March, so I'm often in this position at this time of year. But after all my travails I will have a healthy bank account, and April should be considerably saner. In the meantime, please forgive the infrequency of my postings, and the complete lack of anything interesting to say when I do post.

Bet you're really glad you came over and read this, aren't you? ;-)

8 comments:

Jenny Beattie said...

Well, I guess some of us can be grateful that our 'year' doesn't go April to April!

Hope you hit all the targets and have a lovely April.

Jumbly Girl said...

Really feeling for you QQ, as someone who has already reached her 'April' and is looking back at the past few months and thinking it was all some bizarre dream. Only a couple of weeks to go - you can do it! PS I found a box of sugared almonds by my computer helped me through the longest days :o)

Queenie said...

Thanks, JJ. I'm longing for April.
Jumbly Girl, I'm currently eating half my bodyweight in the Co-op's fair-traded double chocolate muffins every day (fair trade virtue cancels out calorific naughtiness, right?).

Anonymous said...

"fair trade virtue cancels out calorific naughtiness, right?"

LOL, yes of course it does.

I on the other hand have been really good this week and eaten less junk each day, having finally reached a point in my life where calorific reduction seemed achievable, and spurred on by TV ads about fat intake, clogged arteries and heart disease. But then today I had an appointment with a cardiologist about palpitations... and she said it was nothing to worry about and nothing whatsoever to do with my recent weight gain... so I bought a chocolate-covered flap jack to celebrate! Hmm. Something not right there. :)

Anonymous said...

tis always a pleasure to read you!

HelenMWalters said...

I've had a really work frazzled day too - so I do sympathise. It's always good to come up for air and a bit of a blog. Your Pay It Forward goodies are on their way x

Queenie said...

Clare, that's good news about your palpitations being nothing to worry about.
Kirsty: mwah dahlink!
Helen: ooh fab, something to look forward to, thank you!

Pat said...

As always. Especially as I feel arid - post wise = today. I'm impressed the first thing you do is wash and here am I at 09.57 still in my yellow towelling dressing gown with sleeves rolled up so I can do the dishes without dangling the sleeves in soapy water. I'm shamed and off to shower.