Sunday 20 December 2009

Done It!

I finished the second draft this afternoon! Yes, I'm pleased. Yes, I'm sure I can't do any more till I've had a break and some feedback from my lovely readers. But I've also been here several times before, so I'm not all excited and bouncing around. Which is partly because it's hard to let go...

In fact, I'm knackered! I haven't had much headspace for anything other than my book in the last week, which is why I haven't blogged. But I'll try to come up with a post worth reading, this side of Christmas.

And for now, I think I shall award myself a glass of wine and an evening off, and try to feel celebratory.

10 comments:

Elizabeth Bramwell said...

congratulations, that's a great achievement!

Enjoy your glass of wine or three, you deserve them :-)

Sherri said...

Well done!

One of the rewrites is going to be 'the one' I'm sure. I do hope it's this one.

Have a great Christmas! xx

Carol said...

I think sometimes we spend so long looking at a goal that when we get there it's an anti-climax! I went through it went I had my art exhibition...all that work and then....

A good friend said to me at the time 'Try and celebrate...you have a achieved something huge!!' and so I am passing on her words of wisdom to you.

Well done and, as Gemma said, enjoy your glass of wine or three!!

C x

Jenny Beattie said...

I'm toasting you. Congratulations to you today too. JJx

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Congratulations, enjoy your celebratory drink.

Debi said...

THIS is a post well worth reading ...!

Anonymous said...

Well done.

Jen said...

Really brilliant... well done!

Pat said...

Well done Miss Diligence. Have a happy Christmas and I hope to see you in 2010.

Queenie said...

Thank you, lovely blogfriends!
Bernadette, I hope so too.
Carol, you know how I feel, then! I'm doing my best on the celebration front *hic* ;-)
Debi, thank you, as always.
Pat, I hope so too.