Monday 30 November 2009

That Was A Week, That Was

Last week was all go, and it all went rather well, thank goodness. After the visitors left yesterday afternoon I was shattered, and spent the rest of the day sitting around reading (short stories, Guardian Weekend magazine, local paper), chatting (an hour on the phone with a much-loved old friend), eating dinner (lovely spicy tangy gnocchi with red onions, olives, capers and chillies, cooked by my aforementioned Paramour, bless him), and then watching two whole hours of TV with him (Hugh F-W and Top Gear - that's how tired I was) and doing a bit of crochet.

This morning I feel rested, rejuvenated and cheerful. A bit fizzy, in fact; as if something lovely is going to happen. Which it almost certainly isn't - but it's nice feeling this way, anyway, so I don't care. What is going to happen, at least according to my diary, is a fairly tranquil week, with enough work but not too much, a few short trips here and there, and a lovely meeting with lots of blogfriends at the week's end. Also, I should have time to fit in an hour's work on my book every morning. I managed two one-hour sessions of editing last week, and got a surprisingly large amount done in that time, which was very pleasing indeed.

7 comments:

Carol said...

It's lovely to start the week feeling all rested and positive!! I hope something lovely does happen today :-)

C x

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I love that feeling that something wonderful is about to happen.

Well done on the editing too.

Pat said...

It's just good to feel good. BTW don't judge TV by the male orientated stuff the paramour probably watches. I have to bear John Wayne, James Bond and any old cowboy. I don't mind the History programme so much;)
Word verification :spolimm.

Debi said...

Well then, something lovely is about to happen, innit? Lots of 'something lovely's in fact, culminating in next w/e. x

Anonymous said...

ooh fizzy is such a great term! I'm so glad you are feeling so upbeat!

Jen said...

Fizzy is SUCH a good way of describing that feeling. Sounds as if you've seen November out in great style :)

Beleaguered Squirrel said...

Hurray for surprisingly large amounts!

I guess I'm also getting surprisingly large amounts of stuff done at the mo but it's hard to feel triumphant about it as it keeps being replaced by even more work. It's like the magic porridge pot.